February is For the Love of Art Month, and this year the Doña Ana Arts Council is playing host to an exhibit of art created by members of ArtForms. For 22 years, ArtForms, a non-profit organization, has promoted the arts in the Mesilla Valley, with this being the 21st year of For the Love of Art Month. Ten ArtForms members will show their work at the DAAC Arts & Cultural Center Gallery, located at 1740 Calle de Mercado in Mesilla’s Bulletin Plaza next to Paisano’s. The exhibit opens during the Second Saturday 10–10 Arts Hop on February 9, with the gallery open from 4 to 7 p.m. and continues throughout the month during normal business hours.
For the Love of Art Month coordinator Marty Galster says, “We will be showing oils, acrylics, watercolors, fractals, photography, and possibly some sculpture. ArtForms artists will be on hand to answer questions and describe the processes used in creating the art.”
For the Love of Art Month is a celebration of all forms of art, with events taking place throughout the area during February, including studio tours, gallery exhibits, and performances. For more information about activities, go to www.artformsnm.org.
The Second Saturday 10–10 Arts Hop gives art lovers 12 hours to explore exciting local art at six galleries in Las Cruces and Mesilla, perhaps stopping at a local restaurant, winery, or brew pub along the way.
Second Saturday 10–10 Arts Hop locations and Arts Hop hours are:
• Doña Ana Arts & Cultural Center, 1740 Calle de Mercado, 4 – 7 p.m.
• Cutter Gallery, 2640 El Paseo Road, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Rokoko Gallery, 1785 Calle de Mercado, 4 – 7 p.m.
• Four Points Perspective Art Gallery, 3405 NM Highway 28, 7 – 10 p.m.
• Art Obscura Gallery, 3206 Harrelson Street, 7 – 10 p.m.For more information about the Doña Ana Arts Council, go to www.daarts. org or call (575) 523-6403.
The post ArtForms artists exhibit at DAAC Arts & Cultural Center during For the Love of Art Month appeared first on Las Cruces Magazine.