Mountain View Market has released the following article in rewards to the COVID-19 Virus. Make sure to follow them; As things are changing and progressing at a rapid rate, please know that Mountain View Market Co+op is doing everything that we can to ensure the health and safety of our staff and community. We will update this page with news and notices as time goes on. If you have a question, comment, or concern, please reach out to our general manager, Clair Campos, at (575) 523-0436 or email@example.com.
March 19, 2020 11:57 AM – No one may purchase more than three (3) of any vitamin or supplement, health & body care product, baby formula, diapers, sanitary care product or hygiene product. This is a statewide mandate that we are strictly following. Additionally, Mountain View Market Co+op has placed a limit of two (2) on paper products and packaged bulk foods.
March 19, 2020 9:00 AM – Please note that there are new changes at the store as follows
- A designated co-op employee (think of this person as a bulk concierge) has been assigned to work in the bulk department on aisle 5 to bag bulk foods for shoppers. This is a necessary measure to minimize public contact with the bulk bins and foods inside. We ask that shoppers not serve themselves in the bulk department. Additionally, we have to cap the amount that shoppers can purchase of certain products. Overall, “hoarding” has not been an issue at the co-op, but as supply chains are becoming more fragile and full shipments are not being delivered, we have chosen to be proactive and limit the amount one may purchase. We don’t wish to deprive anyone of grocery necessities, we are working toward ensuring there is enough to go around at this time.
- We are also encouraging shoppers to hold their purchases at the register as they are being scanned by the cashier to minimize contact.
March 18, 2020 5:15 PM – At this time we are asking that in a effort to minimize contact that shoppers consider paying with contactless credit or debit cards or a contactless payment app like ApplePay. Minimizing the handling of cash, pens, and PIN pads can help us all reduce potential exposure.
March 18, 2020 1:22 PM – Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, the state of New Mexico has mandated that no dining establishment may offer in-house seating. As such, Mountain View Market Co+op is complying by removing all furniture in the dining area of the café and no one may eat their meal at the co-op. Carry-out and curbside pick up is still available at this time.
March 18, 2020 10:56am – Mountain View Market Co+op takes the health and safety of our coworkers, their families, and our community very seriously. As new cases of the coronavirus (Covid-19) happen, we are taking precautions to ensure that we all stay as safe as possible. As such, we a implementing a few changes effective immediately.
- Our store has begun intensive sanitation procedures including the sanitation of door handles, carts and baskets, tables, chairs, registers, credit card pin pads, registers, bulk bins, bulk scoops, bulk HBA pumps, restroom handles and surfaces, and other hard surfaces that can be disinfected. We are utilizing a bleach solution, as recommended by the CDC, to accomplish what we can to minimize the spread of germs. We are asking that shoppers help us maintain a sanitary environment by wash their hands, and utilizing the hand sanitizer available at the main entrance and at aisle 5 (bulk section) before handling carts or baskets, touching surfaces or products, and before leaving the store. We also ask that shoppers use hand sanitizer before using the bulk bins. Please try to minimize contact with products on the shelves and in produce by only touching things you are intending to purchase.
- For the first hour that the store is open everyday, we are opening our doors to the most vulnerable members of our population for contracting the disease. We are allowing the first hour for shopping to community members age 60 and over and folks with compromised immune systems. This hour is intended to keep the number of shoppers low while the store is less busy and has been freshly sanitized. We are asking that our shoppers respect our choice to create a safe shopping experience for those that are most at risk.
- We are currently offering curbside pick-up service for small orders to help keep the number of shoppers in the store as low as possible and to assist in getting folks what they need without coming into contact with others. Please call our customer service team at (575) 523-0436 to place your order for food from the kitchen or for groceries. A member of our team will go shopping for you and call you back with the total and take payment over the phone with a credit or debit card and we’ll let you know when your order is ready for pick-up. Once you get here, we’ll run it out to your vehicle in the parking lot s you don’t have to even come into the store. There is no additional fee for this service – we want everyone to minimize exposure if possible.
- All co-op events are cancelled for the foreseeable future. All events that had been planned will be rescheduled for later in the year.
- The Community Room is closed. We are no longer accepting applications, and all groups and individuals who have already reserved it are being contacted and rental fees are being refunded.
- Staff Updates – Please note that some of our staff are wearing tags on their shirts asking for additional personal space. Please respect their choice to practice social distancing to minimize their potential for coming into contact with the virus through person-to-person contact or through sneezes and coughs. Our staff are also washing and sanitizing their hands as needed. Additionally, our customer service staff members are taking additional precautions by wearing single-use gloves at all registers and sanitizing their hands frequently. All staff members who are feeling unwell are staying home until resolved.
- Kitchen and Café Updates – The hot bar and salad bar are closed until further notice. Fresh salads are being prepared in the kitchen for Grab-N-Go service so that shoppers can still pick up a healthy meal on the go. At this time the kitchen is still open and will continue to make made-to-order juices and smoothies. The hot soups are now available at the kitchen counter and are no longer self-serve. Our Thursday night community Three Dollar Dinners are suspended until further notice. To minimize the number of patrons in the café, we have removed a number of tables and chairs. We ask that diners keep their visits short and that large groups not congregate. We reserve the right to ask large groups to disperse. Other restaurants and food establishments across the country have been required to shut down during this time for public safety and if that is required in our state/county/city, we will comply.
- Board of Directors Update – The next Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 6 pm will be conducted remotely. If you are a co-op owner and have questions, comments, or concerns for the Board of Directors, please send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry or comment will be discussed by the Board during the meeting and a follow-up email or phone call will be made to you.
This is a very serious issue and we are treating the situation with care and caution. We appreciate everyone’s patronage and want to keep your co-op a safe and healthy place. Please practice self care and appropriate measures to minimize your risk of infection. We are doing all that we can to stay on top of this issue and will continue to make appropriate changes to our store and operating procedures to ensure the health and safety of our staff and community at-large.
The post Mountain View Market – COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES appeared first on Neighbors magazine.