Hear Ye, Hear Ye! A Call for Artists to join the Renaissance ArtsFaire fun and paint for cash and prizes! Back by popular demand, the Quick Art Competition is a friendly, fast-paced art competition that will take place from 11 a.m. – 12 noon on Saturday, November 3rd at the west end of Young Park Lake. Each artist will start with a blank canvas and create a completed work of art– painting a scene at the faire. Prizes will be awarded by popular vote.
- Artists may register as an Established (professional) or Emerging (student) Artist. Only the first 25 artists to register will be accepted into the competition (25 artists total for both categories). There is a $25 fee for established artists and a $5 fee for emerging artists.
- The Quick Art registration form may be downloaded at http://daarts.org/renaissance-artsfaire, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 575-523-6403.
- Artists must provide their own canvas, easel, and art supplies (16”X20” maximum size). Artists must have their canvas checked on Saturday prior to the start of the competition.
- Artists may enter the event through the volunteer gate. Sign-in will start at 10:30 A.M.. Artists will start with nothing pre-painted or pre-drawn and create the Quick Art artwork only during the Quick Art time frame (1 hr.). The theme will be announced at the faire.
- The contest will last one hour from 11:00 A.M.– 12:00 PM.
- Prizes will be decided by popular vote. There will be a prize of $75 for the winning Established Artist and $25 for the winning Emerging Artist with Gift Certificates for Second Place in each category. Each artist must take their work to the Silent Auction Tent for display. Silent Auction closes on Sunday at 2:00 PM. Proceeds from the sale of the art will be split 50/50 between the artist and the Arts Council.
General admission to the Renaissance ArtsFaire (either Saturday, November 3 or Sunday, November 4) is $10 per person and free for children 12 and under. Advance tickets are two for $15 and available online or at all Pic Quik locations through November 2.
Make the weekend even more special by purchasing a VIP package: $80 includes all-access passes for two people, preferred up-close parking for one vehicle, access to the Main VIP area with refreshments and up-front views of the main stage, and access to a special area to watch jousting on hose back with the Queen.
Tickets and more information may be found by visiting the Doña Ana Arts Council office at 1740 Calle de Mercado, Suite B-D, in Mesilla, online at www.daarts.org or by calling (575) 523-6403.
# # #
The post Quick Art Competition at the 47th Annual Renaissance ArtsFaire appeared first on Las Cruces Magazine.