The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will offer a new pilot program, the Multi-Sports & Skills Camp, for ages 9 to 13, from 8 a.m. to noon June 24 through June 28, 2019 at Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. The Multi-Sports & Skills Camp is designed to be the perfect combination of sports, recreational games, skill development and camaraderie to help motivate, energize and eliminate summer boredom.
The cost to participate in this physically fun program is $40 per participant which will include a camp T-shirt and light snacks.
Registration begins Tuesday, May 28 and will be available online, until full, by using the “Registration” link at http://www.las-cruces.org/178/Parks-Recreation or in person at the following locationsduring regular business hours:
- Parks and Recreation Administrative Office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave., from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. Friday.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave., from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Las Cruces Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave., from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and noon to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave., from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday.
Campers will be required to:
- Wear tennis shoes.
- Bring a water bottle, with their name on it.
- Give their best effort daily.
Spots are limited and registration is first come, first served. For information, call 575/541-2563 or send an email to Athletics@las-cruces.org.
The post Summer Skills Camp to be Offered for Children 9 to 13 appeared first on Neighbors magazine.